Data security is a big issue for small businesses and all over the world. Attacks on businesses result in the loss of millions of business’ and private individuals’ personal data, making them vulnerable to identity theft. However, this isn’t the only threat that small businesses are forced to deal with when their sensitive data is compromised. Some fraudsters won’t go to the trouble of using the data to hack into accounts and steal money, and instead will pressure businesses into simply paying them.
- SMEs targeted by ransomware find themselves helpless
- Reliable financing is a critical part of a healthy small business
- Victoria Union pushes for harsher penalties for “wage theft”
- Surviving success: startups need to be strategic about growth
- Australia’s potential package tax is one more financial burden on SMEs